While it is often overlooked, a properly installed and effective ventilation system is a vital component of a properly installed roof system. Did you know that it’s not uncommon in the heat of summer for an attic to reach 140 degrees or more? Attic and roof vents can allow hot air to escape the attic and help insure that your AC unit runs more efficiently and cost effectively.
Did you know that improperly installed attic ventilation can shorten the life of your roof?
Call Brian Sikes Roofing for attic ventilation services and let us help your roof reach it’s full lifespan.
Is it difficult to add additional attic ventilation to my home’s roof?
Roof and soffit vents are easy to install and can be added in a short period of time. Based on the size of your roof and its existing ventilation, the experts at Brian Sikes can recommend the right amount of additional ventilation for your home.
Why Attics Should be Properly Vented
• By allowing hot air to escape your attic in the heat of the summer, your living spaces will remain cooler. Your AC unit can work more efficiently, and this will help your roof shingles from expanding due to excess moisture. And, you’ll save money on your utility bills.
• Even in the winter attics can be significantly warmer and humid. By allowing the warmer air to escape through attic ventilation, condensation is reduced that can cause damage to your home’s insulation, wood framing, roof deck and drywall. As hot air escapes it also sucks in cooler air through soffit vents that keep your roof dry and aids in cooling.
• In order to insure your roof reaches its full lifespan it needs to be properly vented. In fact, a roof that is not properly vented can cause the thermal expansion of your shingles, that can shorten the life of your roof by as much as half and jeopardize the shingle warranty.
Unfortunately, improperly installed attic ventilation is quite common. Some of the reasons your ventilation may not be performing properly could be the vents are blocked by insulation or roof felt. We are experts in attic ventilation installation and repair as well as ridge vents and other types of roof vents such as soffit or gable-end vents.
Where Quality Meets Affordability
Brian Sikes Roofing understands that your home or business is your most valuable possession. Regardless of whether you need a simple repair on a leaky roof, an area repair, re-roof or a new roof, Brian Sikes Roofing is ready to assist you. Insuring your roof is installed with proper attic ventilation is part of what makes Brian Sikes Roofing different than many other roofers. That’s why we say, “Experience and Dedication Matter”. See for yourselves what sets Brian Sikes Roofing apart from the others. Call or contact Brian Sikes Roofing today for a free consultation and estimate.
These guys really did a great job! Worked every minute they were on site and were very professional.
When Experience & Dedication Matter, Choose Brian Sikes Roofing
- 100% Customer Satisfaction
- All Types of Roofs
- Free Written Estimates
- Family Owned & Operated
- Specialty Roofing Services
- Locally Owned & Operated
- 3rd Generation Roofing Company
- No Deposit Required
- No Subcontractors
- References Available
- Residential & Commercial
- Seamless Aluminum Gutters
- Roof Inspections
- Soffit & Fascia Repairs
Brian Sikes Roofing Inc. Proudly Offers Services in the Following Areas:
Alafaya – Apopka – Clarcona – Maitland – Orlando – Rio Pinar – Winter Park – Zellwood