Brian Sikes Roofing offers expert re-roofing in Maitland, Florida. Re-Roofing may be a more affordable option for some home owners. Essentially Re-Roofing does not require the old shingles and insulation to be “torn off” as with a total roof replacement. This saves time and money in the completion of the roofing project. The process involves layering one set of shingles on top of the existing shingles. This process if determined to be a viable option, can only be done one time. Attempting to layer a third layer of shingles can create a multitude of problems and can result in shingles that are not secured to the roof properly as roofing nails will not penetrate 2 layers of shingles and adhere to the roof. Re-Roofing makes sense if the roof is old but otherwise in good condition. While the roof may have minor issues, if there is no major damage, missing shingles, moss or mildew present, re-roofing may be a cost saving option for some homeowners. Brian Sikes Roofing is committed to providing “Fair and Honest” assessments of our clients roofing situations. While we will never try to sell you something that isn’t necessary, sometimes the only legitimate solution is a total roof replacement. Some factors to consider would be:
• Is my roof more than 20 years old?
• Has my roof sustained damage due to harsh weather or a major storm?
• Are you considering selling your home or business in the next few years?
• Is my roof clearly showing signs of being worn out or damaged?
The professionals at Brian Sikes Roofing will assess the current condition of your roof. If we feel it is in your best interests to re-roof, that is what we will recommend. If the condition of your roof will not allow a long-term re-roofing solution and will simply delay the entire roof replacement for a brief time, we will recommend replacing the roof now.
Brian Sikes Roofing believes in building relationships with our clients, that is why we will do all that we can to find a solution for your roofing issues. When you entrust in Brian Sikes Roofing for all your roofing needs, you will see why our clients have chosen us to be their roofing contractor for life. So, for re-roofing in Maitland, call or contact Brian Sikes Roofing today for a free consultation and estimate.
Is it OK to roof over existing shingles?
We get asked this question a lot. The answer is it depends of the condition of the existing roof. Some issues to consider are:
- Adding shingles to an existing roof increase the weight on the roof. Depending on the type of roof and condition we may advise against a roof over.
- Not doing a tear off of the old roof won’t allow a thorough inspection of the underlayment and decking. If problems exist like leaks or rotted decking you could be just covering up a problem and making it worse.
- To be effective shingles must be laid as flat as possible. If old shingles are curling or missing, we advise against a re-roof.
- Re-roofing may void warranties. If you’re looking to sell your home an inspection will reveal you have a re-roof and possibly negate a sale.
While re-roofing your barn, or utility shed may make sense, in most instances a traditional tear off and roof replacement is always a better long-term solution.
These guys really did a great job! Worked every minute they were on site and were very professional.
When Experience & Dedication Matter, Choose Brian Sikes Roofing
- 100% Customer Satisfaction
- All Types of Roofs
- Free Written Estimates
- Family Owned & Operated
- Specialty Roofing Services
- Locally Owned & Operated
- 3rd Generation Roofing Company
- No Deposit Required
- No Subcontractors
- References Available
- Residential & Commercial
- Seamless Aluminum Gutters
- Roof Inspections
- Soffit & Fascia Repairs
Brian Sikes Roofing Inc. Proudly Offers Services in the Following Areas:
Alafaya – Apopka – Clarcona – Maitland – Orlando – Rio Pinar – Winter Park – Zellwood
Altamonte Springs – Casselberry – Fern Park – Goldenrod – Heathrow – Lake Mary – Longwood – Oviedo – Sanford – Winter Springs
Daytona – DeBary – Deland – Deltona – Edgewater – Orange City – Osteen – Port Orange – New Smyrna