Flat Roofing or Low Slope Roofs Altamonte Springs, Fl
Call Brian Sikes Roofing for all your Flat Roofing needs in Altamonte Springs, Florida. Let us help you make the right decision. Our experts will lay out your options, then help you find the best choice based on your needs. Brian Sikes Roofing, your residential and commercial expert in all types of flat roofing since 2003.
Flat Roofs or Low Slope Roofs are found mostly with commercial buildings, but flat or low slope roofs are an excellent choice for homeowners who may be adding an all seasons room edition. This often looks better than trying to blend different roof pitches and eliminates the appearance of unblended shingles. There are advantages to both flat or low slope roofs. For commercial buildings, a flat roof makes it easy to install and maintain the HVAC system. Low slope roofs often require less maintenance than a flat roof as they are less prone to water ponding that can potentially lead to leaks. So, whether you’re looking to repair, or replace your current flat or low slope roof, Brian Sikes Roofing can help you understand and choose the best roofing solution for your situation.
We Work with Most Major Manufacturers you Know & Trust
Certainteed • GAF • Owens Corning • Tamko
Benefits of Flat Roofs
- Flat roofs are very energy efficient when covered with materials that reflect and don’t absorb heat.
- Flat roofs are easy to maintain and gain access to. The more pitch a roof has the more difficult it is to work on. This is why so many commercial buildings incorporate a flat roof which allows easy access to HVAC equipment, communications equipment, etc…
- Solar panels are becoming more popular and are ideal in our Florida climate. Installation of solar panels is a breeze when installed on flat roofs. They also offer space that otherwise might not be available for a rooftop garden.
Types of Flat Roofs
- TPO Single-Ply Membrane: 15 – 30 years’ expectancy. TPO is installed in a fully adhered or mechanically attached system and is arguably the most popular of all flat roofing materials. TPO is very strong and durable. Because the seams are heat-welded they form a watertight bond. The welded seams are stronger than the material itself. TPO membranes, especially white-colored ones, come with a 5-Star Energy Rating from the Department of Energy. TPO offers the best of both EPDM and PVC in one package. The material is closer to a rubber roof in cost, but also features welded seems for durability like PVC membranes.
- PVC: 7- 20 years’ expectancy. PVC is another single ply roofing membrane that chemically bonds rubber, ethylene, and propylene as well as numerous filler materials. The membrane is rolled out onto the roof and adhered to the deck either with adhesives or nails. Like its counterpart TPO, PVC is usually heat welded at the seams. PVC roofs utilize heat welding seals to ensure that the roof is kept watertight.
- Modified Bitumen: 10- 20 years’ expectancy. This is a multi-ply roofing material. A base layer is mechanically attached to the roof deck with plates or bars. Then a strong, durable Granular top surface is applied to provide aesthetic and energy efficient properties.
- Built Up Roofing (BUR): 15- 20 years’ expectancy. Most people know this type of roof as a tar & gravel roof. BUR roofs can incorporate up to four plies or more of alternating layers of bitumen (asphalt, coal tar, or other adhesive). This is then topped with an aggregate layer of gravel or other materials. The biggest advantage of Built up roofs is their ability to withstand traffic and collisions with elements. BUR roofs have been in use for well over 100 years.
- Coating Roof Systems: 15- 20 years’ expectancy- This type of roofing utilizes a Silicone or elastomeric coating that is applies right over some existing roofs. There are no seams with this type of roof which is considered an advantage.
- EPDM: 10- 15 years’ expectancy. The “street name” of this type of roof is a rubber roof. Perhaps it’s greatest advantage is it is less expensive than other types of flat or low slope roofs. Because EPDM roofs are more likely to absorb heat, this can have a negative effect on utility bills. The seams of EPDM are not as strong as PVC, heat-welded joints. Because of our hot climate EPDM roofs are more popular further north as the membrane retains heat.
Three generations strong, Brian Sikes Roofing is Orange, Seminole and Volusia Counties premier tile roofing contractor. We offer a full range of Residential and Commercial services including new tile roofs, re-roofs, and tile roof repairs. We have helped thousands of area homeowners, businesses and property managers with all their roofing needs.
Where Quality Meets Affordability
Brian Sikes Roofing understands that your home or business is your most valuable possession. As a 3rd generation roofer, Brian started his own roofing business in 2003. Since then we have assisted thousands of homeowners and businesses throughout Central Florida and the surrounding areas make informed decisions about their roofing needs. Brian Sikes Roofing has the experience and expertise to solve almost any roofing problem you might have.
Whether you need to repair your flat or low slope roof, re-roof or replace an existing flat or low slope roof, Brian Sikes Roofing is the place to call. Whatever material you choose, the roof of your home or business is the first line of defense against the elements of the outdoors. Choosing the right type of material is a major decision. The roofers at Brian Sikes Roofing have decades of experience and we are here to help you choose the perfect flat or low slope roofing system to meet your needs.
That’s why we say, “Experience and Dedication Matter”. See for yourselves what sets Brian Sikes Roofing apart from the others. Call or contact Brian Sikes Roofing today for a free consultation and estimate.
When Experience & Dedication Matter, Choose Brian Sikes Roofing
- 100% Customer Satisfaction
- All Types of Roofs
- Free Written Estimates
- Family Owned & Operated
- Specialty Roofing Services
- Locally Owned & Operated
- 3rd Generation Roofing Company
- No Deposit Required
- No Subcontractors
- References Available
- Residential & Commercial
- Seamless Aluminum Gutters
- Roof Inspections
- Soffit & Fascia Repairs
Brian Sikes Roofing Inc. Proudly Offers Services in the Following Areas:
Alafaya – Apopka – Clarcona – Maitland – Orlando – Rio Pinar – Winter Park – Zellwood
Altamonte Springs – Casselberry – Fern Park – Goldenrod – Heathrow – Lake Mary – Longwood – Oviedo – Sanford – Winter Springs
Daytona – DeBary – Deland – Deltona – Edgewater – Orange City – Osteen – Port Orange – New Smyrna